We are looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to join our Estimating team based in our Head Office in Limerick.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively within the estimating team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The candidate must have prior experience in tendering projects ranging from €1m up to €100m.
The candidate is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional tenders covering a diverse range of projects. It will be the responsibility of the Senior Estimator to present the draft tender commercial appraisal for review and signoff by the company directors.
- Ability to review tender documentation (Drawings, Specifications, BOQ’s, Schedules, contracts etc.) and manage tender bid from receipt of tender enquiry to submission of final tender bid.
- Issue material and trade enquiries to supply chain and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects and advise of any concerns or value engineering details as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Assist in compiling submissions of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Liaising and reporting to senior management in relation to on-going project submissions.
Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of subcontractors, construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- Proven experience in an estimating capacity with Irish market of +5 years
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally some experience of estimating software, Causeway or similar.