At Conack Construction we aim to hire the best candidates in the industry to join our growing and already well-established teams nationwide.
Due to continued expansion, we now require Health & Safety Officers for roles based in Dublin.
The role of the Health & Safety Officer will be to ensure a safe working environment on all sites responsible for and adhere to workplace Health and Safety requirements. The role also includes adherence to Environmental regulations and guidelines on all sites responsible for.
- Carry out Site Safety audits (Scoring version) at least once a week on all sites responsible for.
- Advise site management on Health & Safety (Rules & Regulations).
- Co-ordinate training for site safety for site staff.
- Carry out safety training on site.
- Report to Contracts Manager on a daily basis.
- Report to Environmental Health & Safety Manager as required.
- Carry out risk assessments as required.
- Review and assist in producing method statements as required.
- Hold regular site safety meetings with all sub-contractors on sites responsible for on a weekly basis.
- The use of subcontractors on site to ensure that their work activities are co-ordinated to ensure the safety of all persons on site.
- Monitor all health and safety activities on the project and report the findings to the Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that adherence to all health and safety rules, regulations and procedures and cease any operation on the case of dangerous circumstances until immediate measures have been carried out.
- Identify, reduce, and maintain register of relevant legislative, regulatory, and other policy requirements acceptable to the company.
- To assist the Contracts Manager with the maintenance of the safety management system.
- Ensure that safety file is kept up to date for all sites responsible for and in compliance with the Safe T Cert.
- Ensure that all subcontractor documentation i.e. Safety Statement, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, training records, Insurance certificate (In Date) plant, equipment and machine inspection (In Date) and the subcontractor form is in place and reviewed prior to the sub-contractor coming to site.
- To ensure that measures are implemented to monitor the health and safety management system and that it is planned and developed in conjunction with other activities on site by having a site / job specific Safe Plan of Action (SPA) form completed every day and signed off by the personal involved in the work task.
- Conduct the induction course to each (group of) employee(s) at the beginning of his or her (its) work operation on the site.
- To attend site management meetings to record any safety non-compliance and bring them to the attention of the Contracts Manager.
- To prepare and arrange for the safety training of all new company employees to the site in safe pass and manual handling and relevant CSCS cards.
- Conduct all Safety Focus (Toolbox) Talks as deemed necessary by the Environmental Health & Safety manager (at least one a week). Keep records all Toolbox Talks and attendees
- Record and investigate all accidents/near misses onsite and copy the findings to the MD Tom O’Connor, Operations Director and Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Compile a monthly safety report to record all safety activities on site and copy to Contracts Manager, Regional Director, Operations Director, and the Environmental Health & Safety manager.
- Develop and advise on safe systems at work. Ensure company permit to work systems are followed up.
- Review and update company safety documentation as requested by Environmental Health & Safety manager.
- Develop Environmental plans pre commencement for all sites responsible for.
- Ensure sites comply with all local and national Environmental regulations.
- Ensure sites comply with planning permission conditions.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 14001.
- Carry out audits as required under ISO 14001.
Skills and Experience
- Recognised EHS Degree or Diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous Main Construction experience is preferred
- Ability to prioritise work requirements and handling multiple tasks
- IT Skills – MS Office packages and database experience
- Must work well within a team and be able to collaborate with others
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop